Thursday, June 1, 2017

An Enchanted Afternoon

I took the Little Miss to Enchanted Forest before the summer crowds.  I gave her a heads up and had her look at some pictures before we went.  A CANDY HOUSE?!  What's inside?  Oh.. just a witch cooking up some children...maybe I'm hyping this place up. I'm not even going to show you the picture of the witch you have to walk inside of.

  
Our first stop was Humpty Dumpty (auto correct is telling me to write Humphrey Dumpy, I like it.)  What I like about only taking one kid to Enchanted Forest is you actually get to read all the nursery rhymes. I don't know what it is about taking more, but they run. Stampede, really.

Daisy actually did not want to go in a lot of things because they were dark/scary.  I did force her to do some, like the Seven Dwarves Mine, because it's the best.  After I saw some other parents force their kids to do stuff I realized how mean it looked though.  It didn't feel mean when I was forcing a child screaming "NO PLEEASE!!" into a dark, scary place she obviously didn't feel comfortable with.  I knew it was safe.  But I don't want her to hate The Enchanted Forest.  So I stopped pushing.  Except when she went down the slide 20+ times, I helped push when she told me I had to ride with her.

 We went on the log ride.  Daisy loved it.  Wanted to go again.  But Mom is too cheap.

 I let Daisy ride one kids ride.  She picked the bumper boats.  I stared at my phone while she was yellling "I'm all done! I want out!"  The attendant wasn't paying attention either, or most likely had no idea what she was saying.  I knew.  I just wanted her to stay in the boat.

 We enjoyed Western Town which was a teeny bit scary but the bouncy hallway was pretty darn great. European Village was also a little scary but the light show was pretty great.  Daisy had popcorn.  It was some of the best popcorn Daisy ever had.  She might say that about every popcorn that is covered in butter.

We rate this trip a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment