Sunday, January 1, 2017

My Best 2016 Reads


Nobody Likes a Goblin by Ben Hatke is the best book I've read this year maybe even ever.  And yes, it is a picture book.  I went into this book thinking that nobody did like a goblin.  I sure didn't.  By the end I really loved this goblin.  Maybe it was his position of power.  Maybe it was his good deeds.  Maybe it was his adorable food choices.

This may also be a children's book.  Hippopotamister by John Patrick Green is about a a red panda and hippo that live in a dump of a zoo.  They decide to go get jobs elsewhere.  They struggle with it but for totally opposite reasons and eventually they both find what they are looking for.

This is a YA book!  I'm really growing as a reader.  Roller Girl by Victoria Jamieson is a great story taking place in Portland, Oregon at non other than the Oaks Park skating rink.  Super awesome!  Astrid wants to be a roller girl but it alienates her from her best friend and she doesn't even know how to skate.  But through many mistakes (learning experiences!) she finds her way.

I read some adult books too this year.  Wasn't really in love with any of them.  I'm going to try harder next year to pick some good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment