Thursday, August 4, 2016

"Camping" Adventure

We went camping.  I can't tell this by any of my photos.  I should have taken a picture of the tent.

On the way to the campground we stopped at Krispy Kreme.  The kids got to watch the making the of the donuts and I think we experienced our first "photo bomb" with a funny donut maker. 

The kids demanded I take our picture in this mirror at a salvage store. Very cool store in Astoria but even cooler?  Bathrooms.  They had them.  If I had to pick a theme of this trip it would be: taking children to every bathroom imaginable and then some.

On the Columbia, looking at the Columbia?

I forced the kids to watch The Goonies in the car.  Guy kept telling me he didn't understand the movie.  So when we saw Haystack Rock he did not remember it from the movie.  That's okay.  They will just have to watch it again.  Daisy was super jazzed by her Barbie kite.  My favorite thing was when she took her kite over to a man flying an extravagant kite and just stood next to him.  I think she may have formed a kite enthusiast club. 

We went to Fort Stevens.  I have fond memories of this place as a kid and am happy to report my children liked it as well.


Nels took our picture.  Daisy volunteered first but couldn't figure out the camera despite taking 500 pictures of her stuffed animals the week before.

Cathedral Tree in Astoria.  I found out about this tree from a book at the library about hiking with kids.  It was a good little hike and they liked the tree very much.

We went to Fort Clatsop so Daisy could hug Sacagawea.

The kids painted with quills.  Daisy liked it so much she was just painting her paper black.  It was a house she says.  

 So those were our adventures!  I didn't have my camera much at the campground but I did get this picture.  The mini golf course at the campground.  We were really roughing it.

On the way home we stopped by the cheese factory.  Because cheese is very, very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment