Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Beach Day

We went on a little hike.  I read about the "Hobbit Trail" in a hiking with kids book and thought that sounded great.  But I parked at the wrong spot and the most Hobbit-like family member wouldn't have made it.

As usual, it was a windy day so we weighed down some things with rocks.  Most notably, the picnic blanket.  Followed by the treasure map.  Lastly, a leaf that was blowing by.  It had to be stopped.

Kids at Play.
The boys built rivers.  Daisy built a pond.  Unfortunately her pond grew too big and right into Nels' river.  She didn't have water rights.  A rock wall was constructed.

On our way home we stopped at the carnivorous plant sanctuary for lunch.  Daisy spent the entire visit in a panic.  I didn't said anything.  She asked "Do the plants eat small children?"  I replied "Dunno."  Lunch was had, by whom I can't say.

No comments:

Post a Comment