Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015 Books

I read 39 books this year according to my GoodReads tracker.  This month I read the two I was planning on  (nothing worth mentioning) plus 3 more that were on the best books of the year list at goodreads.com and they just showed up from the library faster than I was anticipating.


I read Confess (romance) and All the Bright Places (YA).  They were easy to read and (mostly) enjoyable.  More like guilty pleasure books than something you'd urge a friend to read.  I also read Modern Romance by comedian Aziz Ansari.  I was confused why the book was listed as non-fiction and not comedy.  That's because it is in fact non-fiction.  It's basically behavioral economics!  One of my favorite subjects!  So I really liked the book even if the topic was something I have zero interest/experience in - online dating.  Good read.

In 2016 I'm going to set my book reading goals back down to 24 books, 2 a month.  Last year I thought of a fantasy book situation I wanted to read but I couldn't find anything like it so I kept thinking more and more about it.  I figure this year I will attempt to construct something.  I don't really see myself as capable plus the idea seems too complicated for me.  But I really want to read it and no one else has agreed to write it.  I might drop the idea in a couple of weeks for as I said, no confidence in the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment