Thursday, July 23, 2015

Wild Weekend

I went away Friday and came home Saturday.  That's not much time but I feel like things can really fall apart when my husband watches the kids for 36 hours.  I could be wrong but I think he may just unload the entire contents of the fridge in front of the T.V. and say "Have fun."

So during my time of absence I traveled with a girlfriend to celebrate victory in the Wipeout Run (5k + inflatable obstacles).  I feel like it shared many similarities to climbing up a flimsy inflatable slide ladder while hauling a Daisy under an arm.  For that reason I found it easier than I was expecting, but it was still fun and challenging.  I think I'm sold on obstacle runs.


After a slightly overwhelming Sunday and Monday, we went to the beach.  The beach is where everyone is happy.  You know despite all that natural disaster hubbub, I'd still move to the beach if I could.   Just looking at beach pictures makes me happy.

We spent yesterday looking for Waldos.  Some indie bookstore have "Where's Waldo?" searches in July.  I have heard of 7 Oregon locations: Redmond/Sisters, Hood River, Seaside, Corvallis, McMinnville, Hillsboro, and The Dalles.  There might be more.  We found our Waldos in Corvallis yesterday.  The kids love doing this and I like to browse while they look.  We found 15 Waldos and 1 was discovered by Daisy.  We were in a music shop and Daisy saw a drum so she was just saying "Boom Boom (repeat 50 times) Boom Boom Boom AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" and started fighting me to run away.  We had all walked right by a Waldo.  Smart girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment