Tuesday, July 7, 2015

New Places

Hopefully I never run out of new places to visit because it's one of my favorite things to do.

On the 3rd we visited the Portland Children's Museum.  My mom says I've been there before but this is my first time remembering it.  They have free night the first Friday of the month so it seemed like a good time to check it out.  It was busy but not too bad for being free.  My favorite thing about it was that I didn't notice anything broken or any "exhibit" missing pieces.  I feel like they designed it that if a piece goes missing it's not going to ruin the whole exhibit.  This is a issue I have with OMSI.  Nels says his favorite thing was Grasshopper Grocery.  Guy's was Treehouse Adventure.

Yesterday we had to pick up Nels' new glasses in Albany so made a visit to the Albany Carousel Museum.  I've read about the project before and I think it's amazing.  It's exciting to see something like this being built.  Maybe I can go ride it when I'm old and talk to random strangers about "back in the day..."  Anyway, it is not the greatest place to go with kids at this moment for there is not much to touch and lots of delicate and sharp things sitting around but we were able to spend about 10 seconds watching a man work on carving the rooster for the carousel before Nels started doing his Tasmanian Devil impressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment