Monday, June 15, 2015

Day #1

It's Monday 1 in house.  There were not enough hours in the day.

Successes:
-Toured Guy's new school.  Will complete registration for him tomorrow.  Was very pleased with the quaintness of the school and the friendliness of the principal.
-New library card.  I thought we would have to pay for a card, living outside city limits, but we got a freebie card for all of summer.  The librarian assistant was nice and had lots of information for us.

Somewhere in the middle:
-Have internet.  Due to me not having a reliable phone there was a communication problem resulting in me waiting at home for 5 hours for the install man.  In that time maybe I should have hooked up a computer?  I don't know where to put it yet.  The install man was really nice and told me a lot about the area and rural communications.  Let me use his cell phone booster.  Why haven't I heard of those?
-No mailbox.  Our house doesn't have a mailbox.  I learned this while attempting to swipe my neighbors mail.  Thankfully he was a good sport about it and we had a friendly conversation.  I was able to make it to the post office at just the right time to meet my mail carrier to discussed the lack of mailbox situation.  The husband already had a makeshift mailbox up.
-New routines.  Today I started 21 Day Fix diet/exercise plan, Money Saving Mom's Make Over Your Morning ecourse, and the kids' Summer Bridge workbooks.  Normally I'd find this quite exciting but it wasn't enjoyable as it could be because of the overwhelming natural of the day.

Bad, bad,bad:
-I lost Nels.  He was downstairs.  I went upstairs and came back down and he was gone.  I called for him and he just never came out.   I thought the dog could help but she was gone too so I figured they must be outside.  I ra n everywhere looking for him.  I was ready to call in a search party.  Thankfully Guy and Daisy located him hiding under my bed.  He has heard me and choose not to come out.  Then I found the lazy dog hiding in the shade.  No emergency but the boy and the dog did ruin my calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment