Monday, April 13, 2015

Sewing Class

I got an email about an online sewing class from A Beautiful Mess.  I don't know if I need it but but I signed up.  I need something to distract myself from the endless house hunt besides scrapbooking.  I can only do that for so long before I realize that it's futile and I'll never catch up.

Project #1 is to make a fabric garland.  I made one, hung it up, and Nels jumped around and thanked me for decorating for his birthday.  Oh.  Yes.  That's what is it!  Happy Birthday!

I had 1/2 yard of fabric leftover.  Daisy thought it would be great for a napping blanket.

But, I went with the birthday theme and made Nels some special birthday napkins we will use with his cake. This fabric is actually pretty perfect because he is obsessed with ladybugs.  Only the red ones.  Once he woke up and saw an orange ladybug trying to bite his finger...or so he says.  He wasn't wearing his glasses when it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment