I noticed I was down to six bars of soap! ONLY SIX! So I got to making soap.
During my cold process soap making frenzy I realized that it takes months to go through six bars of soap. I am so used to looking at piles of soap I forgot what was a typical amount of surplus soap looks like. The good news is I have several years of soap now.
I did 510g olive oil, 340g palm oil, 255g water, 116g lye for each batch. (Taken from Smart Soapmaking)
18 bar unfinished birchwood mold from Brambleberry. I have been hating the mold because the soap would stick to the plastic dividers but I read a tip online to just push the soap out of the mold
and it worked! I have no idea what I was trying before. Sawing the soap out using a spoon I guess. So now I can use my expensive fancy mold and have it
For my cupcake sized soap (made in silicone muffin trays) I used the left
over coffee grounds in the coffee maker and added some vanilla. They smell good enough to eat and I don't even like eating coffee...or soap.