Friday, April 10, 2015

A Beach Day

No school today so we wanted to have some fun...but the boys couldn't agree on what they wanted to do.  Nels wanted to go on a hike.  Guy wanted to go to the beach.  We were able to use both ideas on a beach hike.

I wasn't quite sure where to go but we found the perfect spot at South Jetty in Newport.  The walk wasn't too long (about a 1 mile loop), it was very beach-y through the sand, and there were plenty of little surprises.

We went out for lunch at the Rogue Brewery and I think I bought my first assembled PB&J sandwich.  Nels ate it all and enjoyed it.  And surprisingly I don't feel ripped off.  The kids meals came with some unusual condiment.  I couldn't figure out what it was so I dipped one of Daisy's chips in it and tasted it.  Jell-O.  Daisy followed suit and dipped all of her food in that Jell-O.  I'm a terrible role model but it was a great lunch.

An adventuring success!


No comments:

Post a Comment