Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January Reads

This month I read (in order of greatness):

An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth by Chris Hadfield
Non-fiction. File under:
-Life skills I wish I figured out a long time ago.
-A book I should force my children to read as teenagers.
-Nice mustache.

Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely
Non-fiction.  File under:
-People are weird.  But I already knew that.
-Data driven.
-Some content revealed in superb TED talks.  Interesting Q&A blog.

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Fiction.  File under:
-Pretty much what you'd expect from the previous 5 years of hubbub.
-My favorite book style: shifting points of view. 
-Watching movie after reading book = movie that jumps all over the place.

Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
Fiction.  File under:
-Tragic teenage love stories. 
-Reminiscent of author John Green.
-Likable. Must be younger than me to really enjoy the book, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment