Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Californian Adventure

Guy and dad are on their own little adventure today and Mr. Nels & co. were a little jealous.  So we headed into town to do something.  But we forgot to stop and ended up in California.

 It seems California is way cooler in the firework department than Nevada (no fireworks here).  Nels picked out what I'll call "collectors items".  A monkey firework and a tea kettle too.  I have nostalgic memories of hanging out at the firework stands as a kid so I'm making sure he has a little of that experience.

 We headed to the mall.  Malls in different cities are cool, right?  It's 100+ degrees outside, A/C sounded nice.

First up - molest the ducks.  Nels can spot an innocent duck miles away. 


 Cupcake Time!  (Nels took that water bottle to the car and on the way home I got hit in the back of the head with it.  He could have just told me it was all gone but he thinks actions speak louder than words.)

 
Jumping time!
Nels thoroughly enjoyed the little play area.

But even cooler?  The trampoline!  He impressed me most here for listening skills.  He actually followed their rules.  Yay Nels!
 

As far as shopping goes?   Nels wanted to go to the Disney Store.  And I wanted to go to Lush and Restoration Hardware.  Never been to either and I keep hearing about them both.  Nels ate some of a bath bomb at Lush because I was getting my hands washed by a sales associate.  ??  I have no idea what's going on most of the time.  I did buy something that resembles soap...I really don't know.  Restoration Hardware was not what I was expecting.  It was classier than I was expecting.  I'm not a classy person.  But I found a desk I liked.
  

I thought Guy would like this one that looks like an airplane wing.

 As usual Daisy was strapped to me and she slept and ate and occasionally peaked out of her carrier to figure out what was going on.  She is easy to take care of.  Just let her pretend she's back in the womb, when things were simpler. She did pick out some stuff.  Now I just need to save it for her until she can eat it. 








No comments:

Post a Comment