Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Dehydrating

My mom gave me a honking huge dehydrator.  I made dehydrated pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, apples, and bananas.  It was all delicious.  The blueberries made a big mess, though.  I was worried about how long to leave them in there but I just kept "checking on them".  I was actually just eating them.  I was paranoid that the bananas would turn out like banana chips (yuck) but I guess you really have to try hard to turn them into pucks.  I read pineapple takes 12 hours to dehydrate but I think I only did 8 hours because I wanted to go to bed.  They are probably not going to last as long as thoroughly dehydrated pineapples but I wasn't planning on storing them for long term.  And that's my first experience with a food dehydrator.  I'm going to try to make fruit leather next.



No comments:

Post a Comment