Monday, April 1, 2013

Stuff I Tried in March

Mother Goose Time
Mother Goose Time is a preschool curriculum for every weekday of the month.  It has been fun and the kids look forward to it.  Even Nels will take off running to our designated Mother Goose Time spot when we mention it. I like that I have minimal planning to do and it's time spent with the kids.  I feel like this can replace all craft kits we buy and some expensive toys and activities we do.  Money well spent.

















Strawberry Dream Cake
Delicious!  I would totally make this cake again.  It took me all day to make this cake because I kept wondering off to help a child but despite the constant breaks the cake turned out and I faced no stress making it. 






















Baby Upright Tub 
Success - posted here.

Quarterly Co. Subscription Box by Joel Johnson
I got a Sauerkraut making kit since the box is based on his grandma and his grandmas last name was from Germany - I think I got that right?  Anyway, I'm excited about this but will not use it for awhile since I'm overwhelmed as is.  I canceled my Quarterly Co. subscription until I can make use of the stuff I have.  I hope to grow cabbage in the garden this year so I can make Sauerkraut towards the end of summer.






















Downton Abbey
I watched seasons 1 and 2.  I would have watched season 3 if it were free on Amazon video.  I really like "Pride and Prejudice" and shows like "Larkrise to Candleford" so of course I would like "Downton Abbey".  I feel like it gets lots of praise for just being different than most shows, not because it's actually an amazing show.  The TV genre really isn't out there so we've got very little to compare it against. 


No comments:

Post a Comment