Monday, December 10, 2012

Lowe's Build & Grow

I took Guy (and Nels who slept in the backpack to the soothing sounds of kids with hammers) to Lowe's on the weekend to build a wooden Gingerbread House.  It was our first time to the Lowe's Build & Grow event.  It is free and your kid gets safety goggles and an apron on their first visit to wear back to the next one. Plus once your project is done you get a badge to put on your apron. Pretty spiffy.
Photobucket

Guy did a lot of the work himself - he should have done it all himself. See that nail he is trying to pull out? I put that in crooked. The roof of the house is hinged so you can store your treasures inside. Well Guy's roof is nailed shut. I did that too. Guy kept reassuring me that "It's okay, mom. I like it that way." I think I need these classes more than he does.
Photobucket

A success for our standards!  I would like to go again if he's not too embarrassed by me.
Photobucket

I guess Home Depot has free kids workshops too.  Might have to check that out sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment