Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Candies

I spent the weekend making Christmas candies.
 Photobucket

I made caramel cups, milk chocolate truffles, white chocolate truffles, eggnog truffles, peanut-pretzel balls, and a couple of peanut butter cups made with just Reese's peanut butter.  I was lazy and had extra chocolate cups to fill.  My favorites of course are milk chocolate truffles.  I think those are the only thing I consistently make year to year because I like to eat them. I think I used too much white chocolate this year.  Nothing wrong with white chocolate - it's just not as good as chocolate.

As of tomorrow I will have all the chocolate distributed and can stop getting sick from eating too much sugar.  I don't know how many people will be getting candy from me this year because I dropped all my packages in a puddle at the post office.  Thankfully I must have looked pretty desperate because a couple of people helped me get them out and carry them into the post office.  I was just going to kick the boxes into a bush and pretend the post office lost them all.  But now the post office can legitimately lose them since the addresses are illegible.  I have a picture to prove I tried.  (It was a frustrating day but only because of my own bad choices.  Many thanks to the post office and the nice folks there.)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those look beautiful Jennifer! you are so talented! ;)

    ReplyDelete