Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thrifting Fun

Guy won a preschool gift certificate and today was his 4th day. He gets so excited to go and before he leaves he tells all his friends "bye-bye". I might eventually start paying for this! Eeeek! Anyway, since it's a 1/2 hour drive to his school from the house the Luce-ster Lobster (aka Lucy) accompanies me around town for 3 hours of errands.

Today we spent all that time thrifting. I know! It was totally the best! Until I made Lucy put that Amy Grant cassette tape back....that was not cool.

Anyway I know nobody cares what I buy with my husband's money. But this is what I'm interested in. Plus I like to look back on this stuff and see what I'm still using. You got to be picky about what you bring into your home or you'll be wading through bendy straws and McDonalds toys before you know it.

*Stainless Steel Measuring Cups & Spoons $5. I have been eyeballing a set by King Arthur that retail for $49.50. These didn't come with as many and I don't think the quality is as high. For a 90% discount I think it's a bargain and it should keep me away from spending $50 on a set.
*Two colorful Melamine plates $2. I always look for kids plates and usually the quality is awful but today I found these. Yay!
*Mommy Clothes $10. The shirt is from Macy's (my guess- $20 new) and the jeans are from White House Black Market (my guess- $80 new). I love finding expensive clothes for cheap. Cheap clothes are always cheap.

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing your shopping/thrift store finds so keep posting them!

    ReplyDelete