Monday, June 14, 2010

Daring Cook: Pâtés and Bread

Our hostesses this month, Evelyne of Cheap Ethnic Eatz, and Valerie of a The Chocolate Bunny, chose delicious pate with freshly baked bread as their June Daring Cook’s challenge! They’ve provided us with 4 different pate recipes to choose from and are allowing us to go wild with our homemade bread choice.

Well I tried to make the Trout & Shrimp Pate. Too bad I'm an idiot. I don't know where to buy trout and the meat man told me to buy the catfish. I bought the catfish and made Catfish & Shrimp Pate. My husband said it was okay. I don't like pate and I especially hate shrimp. I just made it for the sake of trying something new.

Recipes can be found here.

Results:
My favorite part. I should cook like this more often.

The finished product. Looks okay. I would have thought the shrimp would have been colored more. I guess I need to practice my flambe. You know one thing I did learn was how much I love pulling the tails off shrimp. It is kind of fun.

Bread. I just made a french bread. It was delicious, as all fresh bread is.

No comments:

Post a Comment