Thursday, May 27, 2010

Daring Baker: Croquembouche

I am a Daring Baker! This is my first challenge.

The May 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Cat of Little Miss Cupcake. Cat challenged everyone to make a piece montée, or croquembouche, based on recipes from Peter Kump’s Baking School in Manhattan and Nick Malgieri.

Part 1: Crème Patissiere
I made chocolate! Making the creme filling was a lot like making hollandaise sauce and thankfully I had just the technique! I love these little squeeze bottles.


Part 2: Pate a Choux (Puff Pastry)
Easy cheesy. Wait, did I overcook it? Food processor, you hide all of my mistakes! I love you.




Part 3: Carmel Glaze (aka GLUE)
I never made carmel glaze before. It's hot. I got it all over my hand and then I licked it off. I have blisters!!! But it was good. I named the final result Stumpy. He's not as pretty as most, but he's mine.


Here's some more:
The Cutest Croquembouche by Test With Skewer
The Prettiest Croquembouche (with recipe) by Dishes From My Kitchen

1 comment:

  1. I am a daring cook too. It's always so hard to know the first time you try something new if you have overcooked or undercooked it. But those look delectable!!!

    ReplyDelete