Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thrifty Thursday: Puzzle!

My husband and I wanted a puzzle. We looked at the store and found nothing we were passionate about so it seemed kind of silly to pay full price. We went to a thrift store and found the following for $9 and some change. We even used a coupon - at a thrift store. Haha.We bought two 3-D puzzles (already finished the little one), two LotR games (played one - was a little dull, but we got our moneys worth), Munchkin, and Acquire. We like Munchkin so that was a super find. We aren't sure if we are going to keep Acquire, but I bought it because we looked so hard for that game for my father-in-law several years ago and ended up just buying him the new version. I can sell this game on eBay and get our $9 back (+ some) if we feel the need.

The most exciting thing about this is my husband went shopping with me and actually didn't hate it. I was browsing the baby clothes at the thrift store and he said "You didn't tell me we were here for baby clothes!" So I ditched that idea right away so it wouldn't ruin his trip. I like to see my husband be thrifty. It makes me happy and excited.

See more at: Comical Coupon Sense

2 comments:

  1. I love the thrift store!

    I used to be really, really, really big...and I'm slowly losing more and more weight.

    I am only four sizes from my goal now. Until then, I will continue to buy my clothes at the Salvation Army or other thrift stores.

    In my opinion, it is silly to buy an entire professional wardrobe every time I lose another size, even though it has taken ten years to lose and keep off 12 sizes. (But as I said...only 4 more to go!)

    A friend of mine has a very generous Mom who just retired. She gave me six lawn-n-leaf size bags of suits and dresses in a size 14! Yay!!! I'm set for at least the beginning of the school year (unless I lose more)!

    God is so good, isn't He? It blessed me to read that your hubby likes to shop with you! And I pray that God continues to lead to you incredible finds and even more cool games and puzzles!

    I am, as they say, technologically challenged. However, as soon as I get a charger for my new digital camera, I promise to start posting some pictures of me and the boys so you can get a glimpse into my world. ;o)

    You and your gorgeous family will stay in my prayers! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,

    Great luck with the clothes and congrats on the weight loss! You have made a lot of progress. If you'd made it this far, I know you are going to achieve your goals!!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete