Thursday, May 8, 2008

Name Plaque

Every baby these days seems to have their own name plaque. Warm Biscuit bedding company sells customized kiddie plaques is various amazing themes for $28. I think they are so cute, but they don't carry Guy's nursery theme - Monsters. No surprise there. Western plaque by Warm Biscuit

I decided to make our own and of course be thrifty about it. I bought two wooden plaques at Michael's for $3 total. I had the other supplies at home - paintbrush, acrylics, ribbon, and a staple gun.

This plaque is hung outside of Guy's room. This represents the man Guy wants people to think he is.

The plaque below is the one hung inside Guy's room. This represents the man Guy really is.

Here is my workspace and the creative director. I only have room to work at the table and on the floor these days. I guess that makes it so I can't leave a project out forever. Before Guy came along I had an office/craft room. It was always a terrible mess.
Overall, I love Guy's new room decor. It's cute and personalized and thrifty! Although I kept typing "plagues" instead of "plaques"so if Guy comes down sick later I guess I'm to blame.

3 comments:

  1. I would make my own too! I love the Monster Slayer theme...Thanks for mentioning us! Guu is the GUY.
    Vicki Bodwell
    Owner
    WarmBiscuit.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki,
    Thanks so much for the comment. What an honor! I love your company. Warm Biscuit is so unique and out-of-the-box.

    ReplyDelete